Thursday, July 14, 2016

Teacher, Co-worker, or Perfect Stranger Thank You Mints




THANK YOU MINTS FOR ANYONE
One of my favorite things to do is say Thank you to anyone and everyone since we all play a vital part in each others lives.  Whether you know the person who is helping you or not, they need a THANK YOU.

When I say that we all play a vital roll in each others lives, I mean just that.  Here, let me give some examples:  It is important that everyone pay attention when driving so THANK YOU stranger for not killing me on my way to work today.  :)  THANK YOU grocery clerk for ringing up my stuff.  THANK YOU customer service rep at whatever cable company for at least listing to my rant so that my issue can hopefully get fixed.  THANK YOU sanitation superheros for ridding the trash from our streets every week!  THANK YOU grass ninjas for cutting our grass at the park so that we can enjoy picnics and play (we hardly ever realize you were there)!  THANK YOU Weather warriors for giving us an idea of what the weather might be like...  I could go on and on...

Is there a national Thank You day?  I have no idea, but I do know that there is teacher appreciation day and other such days, which means I am always looking for ideas on how to say thank you to people. 

This particular THANK YOU is for some teachers that were asked to work on Christmas eve.  Can you believe having to work on Christmas eve?  Bummer.  BUT just FYI, the shift was only 1 1/2 hours and was voluntary.  So because these teachers volunteered I wanted to thank them.

I got the exact idea off of Pinterest.   Type in THANK YOU MINTS and it will be the first thing you see (more than likely) so you can go do that.

I am going to tell you how I did it:

Step 1:  Mason Jars:  Walmart 12 for $8.50 for normal sized jars. 

Step 2:  Go to dollar store for mints and hot chocolate*** 
*** That is where it was the cheapest at the time... you may want to look elsewhere for a better deal*** 
I got 4 boxes of marshmallow hot chocolate, 7 bags green mints, and 7 bags red mints.

Step 3: You can either make your own commit'MINT' cards or you can get them free from:
http://www.made2bcreative.com/blog/?p=3258  Just print, cut out, and punch a hole.

Step 4:  Put them together:

-2 hot chocolate packets to fill the middle
-A mixture of red and green mints around the edge to fill the jar.
 Put lid on
-With twine, string, ribbon, floss, fish wire, yarn, or whatever you have around the house; attach the   
  cards to top.
-Just for some extra funness, I printed out their names and taped them on the lids.

So was it a fail or nail?

I would say nail but can easily become a fail if someone does not like mints.  These were spearmint/peppermint, and for me personally?  I hate both.  However,  they are obviously easy to make, easy on your pocket (~$2.25 a jar), and easy to re-gift!
Everyone liked them and wanted to know how to make them.




No comments:

Post a Comment