Friday, November 23, 2012

Gnats B Gone! please?

For some reason we were having a really bad gnat problem on our back patio.  After about 2 days, I was so tired of getting my daily amount of protein from accidentally eating bugs that I finally decided to look online and figure out how to kill these things.

After a Google, pretty much every website recommended that you use vinegar, sugar, water and cut the top of a plastic bottle and flip it to trap the gnats in.

The Goldfish were for me

I put in a 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup rice vinegar and 1/2 cup water into a plastic bottle where I cut the top off and put it back on up-side-down.  I put it outside on my patio table.

After two days, I checked it.  Nothing:


Okay, four, but that is nothing compared to the four million that were out there.

I tried it again thinking that maybe the rice vinegar was not good to use so I made the same thing but with normal vinegar and again, set it out on my patio table.

I was horrified.  This time it killed another four gnats and also a Gecko, which I DID NOT want to kill because they eat the gnats and other bugs that fly around. 

I gave up and called the bug guys.  We still don't know what caused all the gnats but next time, I will try it again.   It seems that dish soap is also an ingredient that people are recommending now.

I sure hope that I do not have this problem again, though.  YUK!

FAIL



No comments:

Post a Comment