Friday, August 10, 2012

Nifty Nails

I was looking at my nails last week and thought to myself 'It's time you fix these, Bri'.  I always see those awesome nail pictures that are on Pinterest where they are holding a little jar of finger nail polish or something to show off their super pretty nails.  Nails that you don't think that you could ever possibly have BUT you CAN!

Check it out:


Now it's not as beautiful as the pics that you will see on Pinterest but gosh darn it, it's pretty darn close and the best part of it is that I only paid $4.50 for this and people thought that it was professional!

Usually I am not a fake nail kind of girl nor do I ever mess with the press on nails because they obviously look retarded BUT I was going through my BX (Base Exchange.  My hubbs is in the military) and found these Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.  Basically it's like a sticker but it's a nail polish sticker.

I have a basket full of different colored nail polishes and I'm sure that you probably have one too since that stuff kind of accumulates over time.  I just happen to also have a white and black bottle of polish which is awesome cause they will go with pretty much ANY of the designs that the Salon Effects offers.



This is what is inside of the small box for $8.95:

You can see that there are two containers with nail strips.  Once you open the container, you have to use them!

This is how I only paid $4.50:

  1. Open only one container
  2. There are 8 strips inside.  Pick one strip that will fit over the nail of your choice on your hand.  That one will hopefully work for the finger of your choice on both hands.  If not then that is fine, just use another strip.
  3. Place the strip on your nail so that any extra you don't need is sticking up from the top.
  4. With pressure on the strip over the nail, pull the extra down and off so that you have another piece to use on another nail.
  5. By doing this I was able to do my toes too:

When I took the picture, the pinkie toes were drying from a first coat of polish.  They were just as white when I finished as all the other white nails.
     6.  Then save the other half the package for another time!

Other things to consider:

  • The strips last longer than the nail polish
  • The strips are super hard to get off.  It took a while to wipe them off with nail polish remover.
  • If you do not use the strip, it will dry out!  I waisted half a package not realizing that.  Duh, right?


2 comments:

  1. OMG Bri, I'm going to have to try this! Well, once my finger nails grow back in. I was stressed and bit them all off!
    Nice job on the blog... keep at it!

    http://nicole-pothier.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! I'm obsessed with these, and what I love is I don't have to have nails! I haven't checked out the selection since I've been home, but there are an abundance of these in the states! I stocked up, let's swap colors/styles!

    Oh aluminmu or plastic wrap works to save the rest! Also plenty of clear polish works on the dried out ones!

    ReplyDelete